We Are Hiring!
Resident Advocate Internship
To Apply Send Resume To Melanie Jackman (MelanieJ@mcwctx.org)
This is a great opportunity for college students to receive real world experience in the human services field. Ideal interns would be studying: Social Work, Psychology, Victims Studies, etc.
Community Education & Outreach Internship
To Apply Send Resume To Chasity Williams (ChasityW@mcwctx.org)
This is a great opportunity for college students to receive real world experience in the human services field. Ideal interns would be studying: Social Work, Psychology, Victims Studies, Public Health, etc.
• Ensure completion of all training materials provided (including in person trainings, webinars and videos, as assigned).
• Assist with Community Outreach and Education at events including resource fairs, health fairs, and employment fairs.
• Takes on active role in committees, networking groups and/or work groups as assigned.
• Shadow Outreach Coordinators and Outreach Manager during small and large group presentations to gain a better understanding of work being done in the community.
• As requested by staff, assist in facilitating small and large group presentations.
• Ensures the requirements are met for statistical reporting of grant information generated by outreach staff and maintains accurate records of educational and community presentations and required surveys for grant reports.
• Assist in the coordination of special projects and educational endeavors by outreach staff including, but not limited to: Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month (TDVAM) and educational seminars, and adequate promotion of such projects.
• Coordinates and evaluates outreach activities to ensure that activities are in accordance with MCWC’s policies and furthers MCWC’s mission.
• Assist in developing and reviewing educational programs and the primary prevention curricula.
• Assist in developing strategies to increase community awareness of the crime of sexual assault and efforts to increase the effectiveness of local responses to sexual assault.
• Developing production of print material and/or multi-media presentations to generate interest in MCWC for new target audiences.
• Actively solicits opportunities to increase community and professional education to various organizations and community groups.
• Works with program staff to implement the goals and objectives of the primary prevention education model.
• Develop a Passion Project, in which the intern will choose a target population and create a program, campaign or workshop to increase visibility to the target population.
• Attend staff meetings as required.