We love our volunteers!
We cannot accomplish our mission and operate our agency without the help of our dedicated volunteers. These caring individuals give from their hearts as they assist us with a myriad of activities:
- Legal and Hospital Accompaniments
- Staffing our Resale Store, Something Special
- Office and Administrative Tasks
- Answering the Crisis Hotline
- Childcare Activities
- Cooking Casseroles and Baking Cakes and Cookies
- Organizing Donation Drives
We always welcome new volunteers. Would you like to join us?
- A background check is conducted by our legal department.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (exceptions are considered)
- Attend 2-day Volunteer Training – offered quarterly OR
- Complete Home Study Program OR
- Complete a combination of the two
Some of the training is on-the-job at the resale store or as an administrative volunteer in our offices.
There are many ways you can help! If you have any questions or need more information, please call
936-441-4044, ext. 45 or email email@example.com
Provide clerical support to staff such as filing, organizing, data entry, answering phones (not Hotline) and other office duties. Assist with special events such as fundraisers and bulk mailings throughout the year.
Answer the crisis hotline and provide crisis intervention to survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault and make referrals to other agencies when appropriate.
CHILD CARE AND ACTIVITY VOLUNTEERS
Assist shelter staff with child care at special events such as baseball games, circus, movies, or provide child care to clients’ children at the shelter or Reaching Pines.
RESALE STORE VOLUNTEERS
Assist the staff in a variety of retail and stocking duties.
Provide crisis intervention and assistance to residents of shelter and assist the shelter staff with a variety of tasks.
We have opportunities for groups of all ages to become involved. To learn about the specific needs of the agency or if you have a project idea or wish to help in some specific way, please call us.
To start making a difference in someone’s life, download the Volunteer Application from the link above or contact the Volunteer Manager: 936.441.4044 ext. 41
You may fax, mail, or hand deliver the application to our administrative offices.