When it comes to fundraising, the sky is the limit. You can choose to raise money however you want, whenever you want. No matter how big or small your fundraiser is, you’re making a difference and helping to save lives. For a little extra inspiration, we’ve got more ideas for you below.
ADDITIONAL FUNDRAISING IDEAS COMMUNITY EVENTS
• Neighborhood/Company Bake Sale: Host a bake sale for your office, neighborhood or school. Ask co-workers to donate baked goods and advertise everywhere you can.
• Breakfast or Dinner: Invite your community over for a themed meal and ask for a donation in return. Partner with a church or community center and get the space donated. Go the extra mile and ask businesses in your neighborhood to donate food/beverages. You can also hold a fundraiser at a local restaurant and donate a percent of proceeds (if the restaurant permits).
• Poker/Bingo Tournament: Find a location to host a tournament. Ask local businesses to donate food/prizes and charge an entry fee to play.
• Silent Auction: Reach out to local businesses for prize donations. Plan a fun evening where people bid for prizes and raise money.
FRIENDS, FAMILY & COLLEAGUES
• Host a Happy Hour: Host a happy hour at a local bar and donate a percent of proceeds to the cause.
• Product Party: Everyone has a friend who represents a company like Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Stella & Dot, etc. Host an event in your home and ask the sales rep to donate a percentage of sales to your fundraising campaign.
• Special Occasion Fundraiser: Donate your birthday or anniversary to One Love. In lieu of gifts, ask your friends and family to make a donation in your honor to your fundraising page.
• Jeans/Dress Down Friday at the Office: Organize a dress-down day at the office. Work with your boss/HR department to host a day where employees can dress casually in exchange for a donation.
ATHLETIC EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
• Charity Yoga/Barre/Cycling Class: Ask a local fitness studio to donate registration fees for a class.
• Cornhole/Dodgeball/Kickball Tournament: Set an entry fee and ask friends/family/neighbors to start a team to compete. Create a bracket and have fun whittling down the competition for a cause.
• Race for Healthy Love: Join an already established racing event and dedicate your race to MCWC!
How To Raise $1000 in 10 Days:
Asking for donations can be a daunting task when you first get started. Here’s our guide to help you reach and surpass your goal.